100% KATOLIKONG PINOY! BLOG
Abangan... magsusulat ulit tayo!

Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Homebound For the Banquet (Maundy Thursday)

Photobucket

It was 2:30 in the afternoon when I started in at the terminal to go home. My mom messaged me that the mass will start in 4 o clock so I had to get going. Priorly, she ran me an errand to buy an angel's set (wings, halo and dress) for my little brother and to my little cousins. But because the stores that sell them are closed, I wasn't able to buy anything and so I began to ready myself for home.



The terminal is not what it looks like in regular days. There are people, of course, but not that teeming like the other days. The honking of the buses and jeepneys were discouraged also. It was Maundy Thursday, the day before Good Friday. In the city, most businesses had closed down for that day and the morrow. Pious catholics might be preparing for the mass in the late of the day. And so do I.

On the way, I saw some people setting up that seems to be Stations of the Via Dolorosa:
Photobucket
Photobucket
The spirit of the Holy Week that these scenes emit invigorated me to pursue my holy task of attending the mass back home.

It was past 4 o clock when I arrived at my hometown. I thought I would be late for the mass. Luckily, when I arrived at our house my grandparents are still preparing and the mass. I changed my clothes right away.


This Eucharistic celebration is different from the other ordinary time masses. It is the mass that commemorates itself. Since Jesus himself commanded the disciples to perform the task of the breaking of the bread, the memory of it will be honored highly in this mass. It will commemorate Christ's Passover Meal, the washing of the Disciples' feet and the command of loving one another (which this day owes its name, Maundy came from the Latin word Mandatum, that means mandate or commandment)

Photobucket
The mass' introduction

Photobucket
The readings

Photobucket
The Gospel proclamation

Photobucket
Photobucket
The Washing of the Disciples' Feet


Photobucket
Communion





Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Procession and Transfer of the Blessed Sacrament


After the transfer, the Eucharistic vigil starts and ecclesiastical areas are assigned for the said vigil. The vigil commemorates Christ's suffering at the Garden of Gethsemane.

No comments:

Post a Comment